Peeling machine ‘Alfaterna’
The peeling machine Alfaterna consists of:
- A flighted incline stainless conveyor or INTRALOX, activated by an independent gear motor with Inverter, to bring the product to the next valve.
- A star valve to introduce the product, activated by a variable-speed gear motor, flanged to the valve itself. The bronze holding planks are easily extractable thanks to a an unscrewable lateral top, which means not to disassemble the whole cover. The procedure can be completed in few minutes. The valve is formed by a cylinder which has on its surface (only on one side) two flanged joints to retrieve the steam that comes out from the burning section. The steam is conducted to a retrieving small barrel (mounted on the lower part of the machinery) with a stainless pipe.
- A new screw pump for the product advancement. In stainless steel AISI304, for the burning phase with direct steam, activated by a variable-speed gear motor with a flanged Inverter on the cylindric body of the screw pump. Its new design reduces the product leap so that it retains its integrity. The cylinder (and the valves’ body as well) is made of a stainless-steel metal sheet AISI 304 and is tested for a 2 or 3 BAR pressure and is available with PED or ASME STAMP marking.
- An intermediate star valve, activated by a variable-speed gear motor, to carry tomato from the burning section to the vacuum-packaging section. The technical and architectural characteristics are identical to the previous valve that introduces the product.
- A new screw pump in the vacuum-packaging section, activated by a variable-speed gear motor with Inverter. For a better uniformity in aspiration and to avoid product parts to be suctioned, the flanged joints for vacuum-aspiration are on the top of the cylinder. These joints are linked to the condenser through a pipe with a ball-type faucet.
- A drain product star valve, activated by a variable-speed gear motor, to drain tomato on the next extracting line. The technical and architectural characteristics are identical to the previous valve that introduces the product.
- A vacuum forming system, consisting of one or two stainless-steel shell and tube condensers. The vacuum is ensured by two high-capacity liquid ring pumps, each with a 15- or 22-kW motor, connected to them through flexible joints.
- An AISI 304 stainless-steel tank, mounted on the lower part of the supporting structure, to collect the condensation.
- A load-bearing structure in stainless-steel thick tubular.
- An AUTOMATIC condenser washing system (OPTIONAL). The system consists of a series of electro-pneumatic actuators mounted on all the ball valves of the water/vacuum pipe of the peeler. These actuators are activated directly by the PLC, and they automatically activate the condenser washing cycle. It is therefore possible to program the number of cycles and their duration from the PLC.