The ALFATERNA steam peeler consists of:
- An INTRALOX (or S.Steel) elevator with buckets, powered by a variable speed motor unit with inverter, to feed the tomato into the first inlet star valve.
- A product inlet star inlet valve, powered by a speed reducer unit, mounted on the body of the inlet valve. The bronze sealing bars can be easily removed for inspection by unscrewing a side-cap without having to remove the entire cover. The valve is made of a cylinder on which surface (only on one side) there are two flanged connections for steam recovery exiting from steam section. A big percent of this steam is recycled by a pipe to pre-heat the inlet tomatoes.
- A NEW TYPE stainless steel auger system used to advance the product through the direct steam scalding section. This new type auger is suitable to reduce the drop of the product inside the cylinder. The auger is powered by a variable speed motor unit with inverter attached to the cylindrical body of the auger. The cylinder is made of stainless steel and has been tested to a pressure of 2 or 3 bar (29 or 43 psi) and is available with PED or ASME STAMP.
- An intermediate star valve powered by a speed reducer unit for the transport of tomatoes from the steam scalding section to the vacuum section. The technical specifications are identical to those describing the first inlet star valve.
- A NEW TYPE stainless steel vacuum auger system, powered by a variable speed motor with inverter. On the upper part of the chamber are two attachments for the vacuum piping. These attachments are connected to the condenser with a ball valve.
- A star valve for product discharge powered by a speed reducer unit for the movement (discharge) of product from the vacuum chamber to the “pre-pinch” bed. The technical specifications are identical to those describing the first inlet star valve.
- A vacuum-generating system consisting of one or two stainless steel condensers. Vacuum is guaranteed form two high capacity liquid ring pumps, each with a 15 or 22 KW motor (with inverter or soft start) and connected through flexible joints.
- A centralized lubrication system, to grease distribution for each peeler bearing. The functioning of the system is regulated from the PLC (on/pause) mounted in the electrical panel.
- A stainless steel tank for the collection of the condensate is mounted on the lower part of the frame.
- A support frame in high tickness tubular stainless steel.
- A “pre-pinch” bed with aluminum knurled rollers, powered by a variable motor with inverter (size of motor installed is dependent on length of desired “pre-pinch” bed).
- Automatic Washing System for the condensers (OPTIONAL). The system includes the use of electro-pneumatic actuators to be mounted on all the ball valves of the peeler water pipe/vacuum. These actuators are controlled by the PLC of the line and automatically activate the wash cycle of the condensers. You can program directly from the touch screen the number of washing cycles and the daily duration.